PROJECT – 1
Research and Development objectives
1. Development of a lead compound with a different mechanism of action, as compared with existing first-in-class drugs in the group of disease-modifying anti-rheumatic drug(DMARD)s
2. Analysis of the cellular immunological mechanism of action for CIB1401H
3. Evaluation of Effectiveness in an animal model of rheumatoid arthritis for CIB1401H
Outline of Technology
1. This has a new mechanism of action which can overcome shortcomings of Anti-TNF-α therapy.
2. This has outstanding biological safety as an endogenous substance (CIB1401H).
3. This has a control function of Th1/Th17 differentiation and macrophage activation.